Saturday, October 10, 2015

Scrappy Quilt for Melody

One of my oldest friends welcomed his first child a few months ago. I made this baby quilt using my favorite string blocks.
They didn't know if they were having a boy or a girl, so I started by making the blocks gender-neutral. Once the baby was born, I added lots of pink and purple to make it a little more girly. I love the result! Lots of colors, and lots of memories, too. I see scraps from my own kids' quilts and lots of projects I've loved over the years. 
I was also able to do some fussy cuts around cute prints. Love! 

The binding is solid gray, as to not compete too much with the busyness of the quilt. 

And the back, oh! the backing! I love this fabric. I saw it at Hobby Lobby and knew that I loved it, but it is SO perfect for this quilt because the baby's father is a photography teacher! Perfect! 
I hope baby Melody loves her quilt and uses it for many years to come. I think babies sleep better under homemade blankets. 
Welcome to the world, Melody!

You can view all 70+ quilts I've made by clicking this link:
http://sew-handmade.blogspot.com/p/completed-quilts.html

Thanks for visiting!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...