Wednesday, January 1, 2014

End of Year

I hope you all had a lovely Christmas and New Year!

We had such a blast with our kids this year - they are 7 and 4 and oh my goodness! So excited, so enthusiastic, so entertaining.
 See what I mean about "enthusiastic?!"
 I didn't do any Christmas sewing, but I did make this wood slice picture frame for my dad and step-mom. They are big time nature lovers and I thought they would enjoy the rustic idea of a photo on a piece of natural wood (purchased at Michaels, photo cut to size and modge-podged on).

 It's also two-sided with this year's family portrait (blogged here: For the Love of Christmas Cards).
And, because everyone is doing it and it looks so fun, here is my 2013 "year in review." I made more quilts than I thought I did! Twelve total, including some of my most favorites ever.
Here are links in case you would like more details. 

2013 was a great year - my daughter made her first quilt, my husband and I celebrated our 10 year wedding anniversary, I sold a couple of quilts for the first time, and even sent some of my crafts into a REAL retail store! 

I'm looking forward to 2014 and all that it will bring. There's something I love about a fresh start and a new year and the unexpected. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...