Monday, December 23, 2013

Elf on the Shelf "Selfies"

I know the "Elf on the Shelf" is such a love/hate topic. But in this house, we LOVE this tradition. My husband and I have so much fun coming up with clever and funny places to hide the elf and things for him to do. So tonight, on the last night we will have the elf (he returns to the North Pole on the night of Christmas), we went all out. 
 It appears Snappy the Elf has gotten a hold of some of my cameras and took a few "selfies" to leave with the kids. 
 I pulled photos from previous years of elf shenanigans and also did a mini-portrait session with Snappy the other day when the kids weren't home - focusing on putting him in their rooms, playing with their toys, and posing with pictures of them. I cropped the photos to 2 inch squares and had them printed on big 8x10 sheets. Then I used my quilting tools to slice them up and poof! elf-sized Polaroids. Given the amount of photos we take in this family, I have a feeling my kids are going to get a kick out of this one. 

 Like I said, we've had so much fun with our elf over the last few years. This is honestly one of my favorite traditions and I have loved seeing the kids reactions when they find him each morning (except that one morning he must have been too tired to fly home..... oops!). We will be looking forward to his return next Christmas. 

Merry Christmas!




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...